On the day, many athletes requested details of further workshops in the area for friends or family. There will be 2 workshops in Dungarvan, Co Waterford in the coming month that may be of interest. Dungarvan is 60 mins from Cork city.
How to Train as a Midlife Triathlete – Saturday 11th March 9.00-1.00 pm – LINK TO BOOK
How to train as a Midlife Runner – Saturday 1st April 9.00-1.00 pm BOOKING LINK
This workshop will provide you with practical solutions and science-based strategies for active women to help you to continue to perform as you age.
How to train as a Midlife Woman Content:
- Answering the big question ‘why does exercise feel so hard’
- Making exercise choices – how do different types of training benefit you or feel really hard – Why is this?
- Training for a race – the differences between a traditional training plan and one in Menopause
- Why have I slowed down so much & how do I get faster now?
- What strength training really is (and isn’t)
- The importance of recovery
- Why am I always injured
Nutrition – How best to support ourselves
- Understanding body shape changes/weight gain
- Joining the dots between menopause, exercise, nutrition, recovery & cortisol – Why am I doing everything ‘right’ but gaining weight
- How do we nourish our bodies before, during, and after exercise?
- Why are we craving foods?
- How do I increase my protein intake?
- What are the practical solutions and the small steps we can make for long-term sustainable change?
Understanding menopause and midlife…. It’s not me it’s my hormones!
- Why it happens, recognising symptoms, what you can do and how to take control of menopause.
- What is perimenopause and menopause and how is it diagnosed.
- What are the main symptoms
- How to get the right help and support to help you take control of your menopause at work and home
- HRT Risks & Benefits