Well done to all of our athletes who participated in the County track and field. Here are some pictures from the 12th.
Well done to all of the St Catherines participants at the County track and field. Here are some pictures from the 5th.
Here are some pictures from Sunday. Well done to all of our athletes who took part…
Details of the Cork County A.A.I. Championships 2013 are now up here
- DAY 1 May 5th 2013
- DAY 2 May 12th 2013
Venue: CIT, Bishopstown, Co Cork
Rules for the county championships
- Athletes must be registered
- All fees must be paid as soon as entries are sent Fees are automatically calculated on this year’s forms
- Do not change any part of the entry form
- Extra entries must be sent on an entry form
- Change of entry will be considered an extra entry
- Only officials and competing athletes are allowed inside
- Athletes should be supervised at all times and running in the stand is not allowed
- Athletes can only compete in their own age and must be pre entered
- Athletes born 2005-2001 can only compete in 4 events
- Please make sure all athletes check in when they are called No exceptions
Sunday 7th April saw a cold and windy day in Youghal for the first day of the East Cork Track and Field championships. Despite this, St. Catherine’s A.C. had a strong turnout of athletes who were rewarded with good personal performances and medals, right from the novelty events for the U7s through to the U16s.
Congratulations to all who took part and represented their club.
The new track and field season is fast approaching and training is back in full swing. After spending the first two months indoors doing core work and basic skills of running, jumping and throwing we have moved outdoors and revert back to Monday and Thursdays in Conna Community Field from 7 to 8pm. Steve is also giving a night in Ballynoe hall for high jump only. New members are welcome, just come along and give it a go.
Little Athletics continues in Conna Hall on Monday nights where the leaders are doing a great job with the younger children (5 to 8 year olds). They will move to the field at the start of April.
The 2012 Juvenile Cross Country Season came to a close on 9th December when the National Un-Even Age Juvenile Championships were held in Adamstown, Wexford. Two St. Catherine’s A.C. girls took part that day, both doing exceptionally well and contributing to the success of the Cork and Munster teams. Meghan was a member of the U11 Gold winning Cork team, and Laura a member of both the Cork and Munster Bronze winning U13 teams.
It has been a very good cross country season for St. Catherine’s A.C. and especially for these two girls who were rewarded for their efforts in training. Well done to everyone who took part.
On Sun 25th Nov, Laura took part in the AAI Juvenile Even Age Cross Country Championships in Rathoath, Co. Meath. Once again Laura ran exceptionally well and in doing so won a gold medal as a member of the Cork County team. The medals keep on coming!